CALLING ALL MENTORS AND MENTEES!Mentoring is exciting, challenging and rewarding. Mentoring offers support, consistency and a chance to further develop the knowledge and skills needed to reach your full potential.
Mentoring provides the opportunity to:
- Develop a learning partnership for the purpose of sharing knowledge and information
- Share ideas and approaches for professional growth and development
- Network with project managers at various experience levels
- Earn FREE PDUs! 1 PDU for every 1 hour of mentoring
- Gain exposure to an array of information, tools, techniques, and best practices that have been learned and successfully applied
Mentoring is not:
- A forced relationship
- A job search
Our chapter offers two types of mentoring, "Speed Mentoring" and "Traditional Mentoring".
Mentoring occurs naturally through friendship, teaching, and sharing of personal/professional experience, which occurs in everyday interaction. This requires little or no advanced planning. This is the basis for Speed Mentoring which are events set up to provide a short timeframe (a few minutes) to meet someone and share ideas. Participants will meet with several professionals in a one-hour long session. Speed Mentoring events will be held periodically throughout the year and are organized so that you can network and meet multiple professionals during one event.
In Speed Mentoring, here is what to expect:
- No commitment beyond one event (1 or 2 hours total)
- Increase your network of professional contacts
- A fast-paced, fun event to meet like-minded individuals
Traditional Mentoring occurs through structured programs in which mentors and mentees are selected and matched through a formal process. These formal arrangements allow partners to work on more in-depth development.
In Traditional Mentoring, here is what to expect:
- 2 contact hours per month for 3 months
- Face-to-face contact is preferred, but phone calls count too if scheduling is difficult
- Mentors can brush up on their mentoring skills through professional training
Click the link below to get started!
For more information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.